Would you believe that an essential oil obtained from infected wood called Agarwood or Oud can be sold at a higher price than gold? It sounds bizarre, doesn’t it? But this is the truth! Oud essential oil has excellent properties which will be discussed here.
Origins and History
- Oud is the resinous heartwood formed in infected trees of the evergreen Aquilaria and Gyrinops tree families, native to southeast Asia.
- This precious wood and its oil have a deep spiritual history and significance, and they are mentioned in the oldest spiritual texts – the Sahih Muslim, the Charaka Samhita, the Torah, the Bhagavad Gita, the Sushruta Samhita, Islamic scriptures and the Gospel.
- Oud is said to be the favourite fragrance of Lord Krishna.
- The Buddha taught that the fragrance of burning Agarwood is the “scent of Nirvana” (the state of attaining Divinity).
- Samurai warriors perfumed their armour with Agarwood smoke for good luck before going into battle.
Oud is expensive as is its rarity. By some estimates, fewer than 2% of wild agar trees produce it. It is astonishingly rare and experts claim that the very best oud comes from the oldest trees, which are even more scarce. It can sell for $5,000 a pound – or more. According to the International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences, oud oil can cost as much as £20,000 per kilogram (more than $30,000) depending on its purity.
1. Anti-inflammatory and Anti-microbial
Agarwood oil is an anti-inflammatory which makes it useful for any skin condition that features redness, swelling, irritation or puffiness. As an antibacterial Agarwood oil will remove bacteria from the skin and help to reduce the number of spots.
Be. Nawaabi Oud Hand Sanitizer is infused with a beautiful Oud aroma which oozes royalty and will transport you back in time through its luxurious fragrance. This natural ingredient has great antimicrobial and carminative properties.
2. Uplifting Mood and Spirits
The heartening fragrance of Agarwood oil has the power to fuel the mind with mental clarity and drives in inner consciousness. Inhaling 2 drops of Agarwood oil by adding it to diffuser can assist in driving away negative energies, alleviating anxiety, enhancing alertness, increasing the sense of strength, bringing in tranquillity, augmenting cerebral functioning and strengthening the nervous system.
3. Alleviates pain including rheumatic and arthritic conditions
Agarwood oil is an excellent kapha suppressant, which eliminates surplus water deposits and toxic remains in the body through sweat or urine. With its analgesic, anti-rheumatic and anti-inflammatory attributes, this oil supports in relieving pain quickly and reducing inflammation associated with rheumatism and arthritis.